Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Web Apps

So I'm writing this from my Chrome book an d I have to say it has me thinking hard about the future of mobile development. It seems that writing mobile apps is a hot bed for all kinds of developers, but the problem with this is that I have to learn Objective-C for iOS, java for Android and I don't even know what for the rest of the mobile platforms. Here is where the beauty of web apps come in. I can develop in a language that presents content in a standard look and feel for all platforms. I think HTML 5 is going to really help close between web apps and native apps...plus I can deploy my app with ease and not have to worry about dealing with an app store. I'm really starting to consider just doing my personal project as a web app and putting the Objective-C dev on ice. Thoughts?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home